Is it possible to create a trigger "if issue is in status X since X days"?

Dario Freddi September 25, 2018

Hello,

in Jira Service Desk standard Automation, it is possible to trigger an automation when an issue is in a certain status since a while. This is useful for transitioning issues automatically after some time has passed or to shoot reminders.

I can't find a way to create such a trigger in Jira Automation, though. Am I missing something or is it something currently missing? It's the only bit which I'm missing to dismiss standard automation features in favor of the plugin

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2018

Hi Max,

You can do this using Automation for Jira, using a scheduled trigger that runs, say once a day, configured with JQL like this:

issuetype = Support status = “Waiting for customer” AND NOT status changed to “Waiting for customer” after -8d

Then after that, you could use a send email action, or slack message for notification.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 3.30.25 pm.png 

It is achievable using our free lite version of the addon also.

Thanks,
Scott

Dario Freddi September 26, 2018

Hi Scott, thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your work on the plugin!

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

Hi Dario,

you can define a corresponding SLA (e.g. 7 days) as a workaround to transition issues when the SLA is breached.

Best, Max

€Dit, sorry Dario for not reading properly that you were asking for a way to achieve that in Automation!

Dario Freddi September 25, 2018

Hi Max, thanks for your answer. The workaround is sound, however SLAs are defined per-project, and this basically prevents me from having a global configuration in a single step for all issues among projects, which I hoped I could achieve :(

I will follow your workaround for now, but do you think it might sense for you guys to consider adding this trigger in the future?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events