Insight IQL: Pulling in fields from associated objects

Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2018

I've just started to get to grips with Insight-- specifically automation. When creating automated tickets I would like to include fields from the object and objects associated to it. (N.B. happy to be told that there is a different & better way to do this.)

I have two objects:

• Application
  • Application License (references the Application object, through a field called "Application")

The automation I have setup is looking at the Application License. When it is <4 weeks to expiry, a ticket will be created -- this is working fine.

What I can't get working is sourcing in the application name. I'm trying the below:

Renew Certificate for ${Name} ${Application."Application Name"}

• ${Name} is  working -- it's pulling in the name field of the Application License object
  • ${Application."Application Name"} is failing (my tickets have no values coming through). What I am trying to do here is traverse from the Application License into the associated Application

I have been reading through the IQL documentation on https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-user-s-guide/iql-insight-query-language 

Apologies in advance for this basic question

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events