Insight Automation Groovy script to check object created or updated

harilal.poyil November 13, 2020

I'm trying to use Insight automation to trigger a groovy script to update an external database with object attribute values. Need to check if the object in action is created or updated and update the database accordingly. Is there any way to check this with script?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

Hi @harilal.poyil ,

in Insight automation there are "Object created" and "Object updated" triggers. I would recommend you to use them to distinguish, if the object was created or updated, ie not to do it in script, but create two separate scripts specific for each situation.

harilal.poyil November 16, 2020

Yes. Thank you.

0 votes
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2022

@Hana Kučerová  at the start of the automation there the trigger to check if something is created, but how can you check which object it was.  In an automation rule I setup that triggers a for IQL branch and then it creates a variable, but it is looping through all the records in insight, what do you need to setup to tell the automation to only work with the newly created insight object?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

Hi @Ste404 ,

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your use case. Would you please create a new question with better description and screenshot? Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events