In need of endpoint to connect Confluence Slack integration to Slack

Umberto Zanesco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2021

Hi,

I'm using Confluence Data Center behind firewall and we decided to whitelist the necessary URLs to have Confluence talk with Slack.

The integration installed is: Confluence Server for Slack (Official)

It is compatible with both Confluence Server and Confluence Data Center.

In order to install it I had to download the file and then manually install it in our Confluence Data Center - all done.

Once followed all the steps (also from Slack side - created a bot with the base URL and all), from Confluence we cannot connect the app to Slack due to our firewall.

We'd need to know which URLs to whitelist in order to have Confluence talk with Slack - already tried with app.Slack.com but it didn't work.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Umberto Zanesco , welcome to the Community!

Although this is for the opposite direction you're asking about (you want to know about outbound connections), I want to make sure you have access to the documentation for incoming connections.

Now, to your question:

The Server app is now open source, so you can inspect the source code and check which connections the app makes easily. By searching the repository for "slack.com", I believe these subdomains need to be allowed:

• api.slack.com
  • hooks.slack.com

There are also some links to slack.com (no subdomain), but as far as I see, these are links that would show up for a user to click in their browser rather than a connection the Jira Server app needs to make.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events