In EazyBI, using distinct issue count returns more than 1

Shai Shapira August 14, 2018

I am trying to generate a report to count the number of bugs created per week. I am looking for the distinct value.

I am also filtering out one of my Components (using a calculated member in the Projects section) using this formula:

Sum(
Except(ChildrenSet([Project].[ProjectName]),
{
[Project].[ProjectName].[ExcludeThisComponent]
}
)
)

However, the report I am getting does not provide the distinct value of bugs. (I know, because when I drill into the reported value, I see that the row count is lower than the total value.)

How can I get the graph to count issues once?

2 answers

0 votes
Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2018

Hi,

Perhaps, you try using one of the distinct measures from "Measures" dimension.

For example, "Issues created count"

distinct measure.jpg

Martins / eazyBI team

Дмитрий Костюк
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 24, 2023

hi, Martins,

Please, could you explain why the "issue created" is 2, and the "issue created count" is 1?

Why is it difference?

thank you ahead

DKostiuk

Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2023

@Дмитрий Костюк 

Here is why.

Let's say issue has two components "CompA" and "CompB" and then you create a calculated member to aggregate all components except "CompC".

Since both issue's components belong to the calculated member (they both are not CompC), the issue is counted twice (one time for each of two components that belongs to the aggregate) when using "Issues created" measure.
However "Issues created count" is a distinct measure that knows how to count the issue just once per aggregate.

I hope that explains the challenge with multi-value field dimensions in eazyBI.

Martins

Like # people like this
Luis Felipe Studzinski Santos May 15, 2023

New users with the same old problems, thanks for the content. The community helps daily in the evolution of our indicators.

Like Roberts Čāčus likes this
0 votes
Shai Shapira August 14, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events