Imported Excel - manipulating columns width

critmajmintriv
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 29, 2015

Hello.

I have excel file, which I successfully imported to confluence, using Excel from macro browser.

But column width, in which cells values have spaces (like "Values Have Spaces")  is broken, and looks bad.

How to fix this without removing spaces? (Excel itself looks good).

image2015-12-29 16:56:15.png

Please look at screen shot from confluence.

I want to keep all cells text in one row, as in my excel. But confluence breaking it. And I do not want to remove spaces.

4 answers

0 votes
Artur J
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2016

Hi All,

In this case I would suggest opening a support ticket, so a engineer can investigate the issue better by providing him with your excel files, or a similar one with the same format, to replicate the issue and identify the problem.

Nevertheless, this might be related to some version issues, such as your Office is 2013 and your macro works with 2010 and vice versa, this might break the formatting. Another issue is the file type, if it is possible to try saving differently, example: 2007/2010 xlsx or XP/2000/2003 xls, and import again.

0 votes
critmajmintriv
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 29, 2015

Hi all.

Problem is partially fixed with setting/checking, that all cells in local excel file are NOT in shrinking format (justified, etc... different in different excel versions, I guess). Manipulating with page scale in confluence(browser window) fix the trouble, but its not perfect.

(I guess), horisontal scrolling should work, correct? (I mean for excel in confluence). But it doesnot. Table just "tries" to fit whole page. It will be great to have horis. scroll here...

Sincerely,

Dmitry

0 votes
Frank Krämer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 29, 2015

Hi Artur,

could you expand your answer, please ?

I am importing an excel table directly and NOT into an existing format. Upload as attachment and then using Excel-macro.

However the format ( column width and character size e.g ). is destroyed or say "changed".

Please advise how to upload an Excel table to Atlassian so that it looks as in Excel. 90% would do.

Thanks.

Frank 

0 votes
Artur J
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2015

Hi Dmitry

Have you imported to an existing table in confluence? if you import to confluence without any pre-made table to receive the content it should be formatted correctly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events