Import not populating attributes - Is there a way to import data and matched it to exiting objects?

Bernadette Lonergan April 13, 2023

Hi, I’m a total newbie with anything Jira, and am trying to test build an asset management system in Insight (Assets, Warehouse licence), so apologies if asking a basic question.

We have a couple of schemas configured for corporate data and one for Assets and other services.

I am trying to import a .csv file for new assets we have just purchased.  The file is created by a third party and sent to us.  So often the content is abbreviated (Model names) and/or does not match the naming convention we have in our corporate data reference objects.

Below is an example of the import csv file.  Highlighted columns are what I am trying to import.

Import file example.png

I have configured the Object type mapping as follows:

Object type mapping.png

The import is only partially successful:

Imported asset.png

In the object mapping, I assumed that by referencing existing objects, the contents of the csv file would be matched with objects and import with the correct name.

Status reference.png

Model reference.png

Location reference.png

This appears to have worked for Status = In Storage, however the Model (Hardware Catalogue Object Type) and Location data was not imported.

Is there a way to import the data and have it matched to existing objects? 

cheers

Bernadette

1 answer

0 votes
Ian Carlos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

Mmm I'm Jira newbie aswell, but I think I faced similar things

a) Is there a way to import the data and have it matched to existing objects?

Yes, the field that will be used to match is the one with the TAG (Asset. No. | Name in your screenshot), so, this has to remain unchanged, at least in the CSV for relate

About the Model Hardware Catalogue I'm not sure why it could be... I'm performing my imports in another form, but still with issues

Sorry for not being able to help you more

Bernadette Lonergan April 16, 2023

@Ian Carlos Thanks so much for your help Ian, I appreciate it.

cheers

Bernadette

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events