Import Requirement Doc connected, Link to test Case, Notify on requirement Change

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018

I've been asked to see if our company can import a requirement doc or csv into confluence that will build on the existing requirement template confluence has.  The import would map the fields in the csv to the page property macro used in the Requirements Doc template or we would create our own table with similar macro's.  We would set the Jira issue manually that is tied to that one requirement so no need to map to the jira issue on import

We would also want to send a notification to the assignee of the Jira issue if that requirements changes in any aspect, even if its a one letter change. 

Is there any add-ons or anyone developed a template that can allow for something similar to happen? 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2018

Hi Julian,

Would something like Advanced Tables for Confluence help accomplish what you need? This add-on features the ability to import a CSV into Confluence pages.

Regards,

Shannon

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2018

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the recommendation, I was looking at that add-on and it may help with the import of the requirements document.  Is it possible to flag a row where on a change it will notify the users of the issue we have tied to that row? 

Meaning we import the document, add a column to  assign it to a specific jira issue type via the Jira issue filter macro, but if anything in the requirement changed, the users off the issue assigned to the requirement would get a notification?   

The requirements change pretty frequently so the testing of the issue would need to know when an req has been updates or changed especially if the requirement is a work in progress. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2018

Hi Julian,

I'm not aware of a way to do that with that add-on, but I haven't used it much myself, to be honest.

You could reach out to the vendor to see if this is possible or if it's on their roadmap.

Regards,

Shannon

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2018

Thanks Shannon, i have reached out to the company. 

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2018

Unfortunately their solution wouldn't allow for us to add a column to map to a jira issue using a jira filter issue macro. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events