Import Cucumber Test Case (CSV) using xray Test Case Importer

Hugo Lopes January 21, 2022

Hi All, 

I'm using Xray Test Case Importer to import a bulk of tests into my projects and it works fine with Manual Tests. 

But when I try to import a bulk of cucumber tests (using a CSV file), for example: 

TCIDTest SummaryTest TypeDescriptionGherkin Step
1Gherkin Test 1 CucumberDescription1Given something
1   And Something is available
1   When I press it
1   Then it appears
2Gherkin Test 2CucumberDescription2Given something
2   And Something is available
2   When I press it
2   Then it appears

It creates the test as expected but I'm facing a problem with the Scenario, it's only importing the first step "Given something"  

xray_example_Cucumber.png

Can you help me with this issue? 

Thank you in advance 

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2022

Hi @Hugo Lopes 

The Cucumber test type must be written in a single line, i.e., the whole gherkin code would be inside a single cell.

Only in the case of Manual steps do you need to have each step in different rows.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Mariana Martins Lopes June 17, 2022

Hi!

Do I have to configure anything specific in Xray in order to be able to import Cucumber tests via xray Test Case Importer?

I'm asking this, because when I try to do it, I get the remark attached to my message...

image.png

Thank you, Mariana Lopes

Lenuam Fariñas Perez April 24, 2023

Hi Mariana! I have the same issue. Did you find how to fix it? Thank you!

Karen Gil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 23, 2023

Hi @Mariana Martins Lopes @Lenuam Fariñas Perez  Did you find how to fix it?, I'm with the same issue. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events