Icons for JIRA UI doesn't appear on JIRA Server 7.3

Mei B October 16, 2017

Installation for 'Icons for JIRA' add-on on JIRA Server 7.3 was successful. However, I didn't see the new UI to select the icons in Administration > Issues > Custom Fields page when I configure my custom field options.

I have also tried adding a new custom field and didn't see the new UI for icons selection.

Am I missing something with installation?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mei B October 16, 2017

The installation was fine. The icons will appear if we create a new custom field named 'Icon Multi-Select' or 'Icon Single Select' under Advanced Field type. This, however, wasn't clear in the 'Icons for JIRA' site.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.codebarrel.jira.iconselectlist/server/overview

advanced custom field.png

Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

Thanks for the update Mei.

You are correct, you need to create a special custom field for these options to appear. There is currently no way to plug into the existing field so the only option was to create a new field type.

Sorry that was confusing. I'll update the listing.

Cheers,
Nick

0 votes
Stefan Saikaly May 21, 2019

Hello, thanks for the help in the above answers, I added the custom fields, but they turn our like normal text fields, how do I enable the icons to appear?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events