Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to share a tempo report?

I try to build and share a Tempo report to my teammates... Is it possible?

3 answers

It is ridiculous that you cannot share reports... can you guys fix this? Our work around is to manually export the results and use Google Sheets which is annoyingly manual.

I agree, this should be a defacto feature

Like # people like this

I was able to workaround this by giving my colleagues a slightly modified version of the Saved Tempo Report URL. For example...

Original URL for the Saved Report:

https://yourjiraserver.moc/secure/Tempo.jspa#/reports/logged-time/811cf0b8-7aba-43c6-bdee-b25753df63bfgt?columns=WORKED_COLUMN&dateDisplayType=days&from=2020-01-01&groupBy=issue&groupBy=worker&groupBy=worklog&periodType=CURRENT_QUARTER&subPeriodType=MONTH&viewType=TIMESHEET

This is the shared URL that works for other users:

https://yourjiraserver.moc/secure/Tempo.jspa#/reports/logged-time?columns=WORKED_COLUMN&dateDisplayType=days&from=2020-01-01&groupBy=issue&groupBy=worker&groupBy=worklog&periodType=CURRENT_QUARTER&subPeriodType=MONTH&viewType=TIMESHEET

Notice I remove the portion containing /811cf0b8-7aba-43c6-bdee-b25753df63bfgt. Having said that though, it looks like this simply allows the user to see a "New Report" with the same configuration as the original one. ...at which point they can then "Save" as their own report. Not really a true "share" but it's at least something. :)

We have been doing this as well, as it is the only way to "share" reports. I hope this isn't something that they will change, so that it no longer works. Maybe they will eventually provide the ability to properly share reports, you'd think it would be a common feature request. I wonder if the Tempo Teams read these posts :-)

Hi, I have the same problem, as I would like to share custom reports created with tempo. Can someone assist?

The workaround I use for this situation is to just send the URL to teammates.

Like Jan likes this

For some reasons URL does not work: it opens empty window unless it's your own saved report

Same  mine come up blank too. 

Me too, can this be fixed?

Same here, any idea how this might be possible?

Sending the URL to teammates seems to be a workaround (if it doesn't maybe they lack the permissions to view the worklogs) however it would be much easier if you could define "global"reports instead of sending URLs to people.

This workaround stopped working about 2 months ago when an update apparently happened.  Haven't been able to figure out another workaround since then.

Strange, it still works for me and my colleague still, but we use JIRA Server, so maybe we have a slightly oder version, even though we do use the most up to date Tempo version. We do both have admin permissions, so I wonder of if that has anything to do with it.

It seems very strange to me that it's not possible to share the custom reports as it does not make any sense for every user to create their own reports?!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

269 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you