How to set dependency between sub-tasks?

Yang Li September 3, 2019

Now I am using the latest version and try to set dependency  between sub-tasks which belongs to the same parent issue.
I am aware that I need to mouse over the sub-task and then drag. But no matter how hard I try I cannot see the end of the bar turn to circle to let me drag. When drag,  the end date is changed.

Which set up do I miss? I have walked through the documentation and set view from gantt setting and user setting which I thought related.
Please kindly help.

1 answer

0 votes
Hanna September 4, 2019

Dear Yang,

The conditions which can't be defined dependencies.
* Loop dependencies
* Have relationship Parent-Child
* Disable to edit
** Not edit permission
** status is Close
* Disable to link
** Not link permission
* The issue types are contained in the ticket configuration
* In the case of ticket template mode, the user doesn't have project administrator or create issues permission

It would be better to share your screenshot of Gantt-view with app support(https://ricksoft-support.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/3) if you can't resolve.

Regards,
Hanayo,

Yang Li September 4, 2019

Hi Hanayo

Thank you for the reply.
I am not allowed to share any screenshot because Jira is in the client environment.

Can you kindly tell how to confirm * Disable to link and * The issue types are contained in the ticket configuration?

Regards,

Yang Li

Ricksoft Co__ Ltd_ September 4, 2019

Dear Yang,

* Disable to link

It means that the user doesn't have "Link Issues" project permission.

* The issue types are contained in the ticket configuration?

I think it's unlikely to apply your case,  the issue types (your case, sub-task) of tickets are not contained in Gantt configuration > Issue view .

Thanks,

Hanayo,

Yang Li September 5, 2019

Hi Hanayo,

Thank you for the reply.

I am logged in as Admistrator and do have link issue permision in Permission Scheme.

1. Parent issue

2. Child1 of 1.

3. Child2 of 1.

I cannot set denpendency on 2 and 3.

Do you have any idea about the Add-on configuration I need to check?

Regards,

Yang

Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2020

Dear Yang,

This is Hal from Ricksoft.

We're sorry that we missed your last reply. Has the issue been resolved yet?
If not, please contact us via the following link and we will do my best to help you.
https://ricksoft-support.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/3

Kind regards,
Hal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events