How to put due date value into automation comment?

dwike_aprilia February 10, 2022

Hi, I have problem here. When I create the automation comment to put the due date value using {{issue.duedate}}, it didn't show anything. 
please help. Thanks !

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

Hello @dwike_aprilia 

I just tested and found that this ({{issue.duedate}}) works with Automation seamlessly.

I would suggest you check if the Due date is added to the screen for the issue type for which the automation rule is being created.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps.

dwike_aprilia February 10, 2022

Hi Gaurav, 

I will explain properly. So here is the Screen Capt from my rule Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 13.50.21.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 13.54.17.png

But when I tried, here is the result :

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 13.52.16.png

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

Hello @dwike_aprilia 

Thanks for sharing the details and the output of the rule. As per the rule, you are editing the "Due date" and intend to print the updated due date as a comment.

If this understanding is correct, I would suggest adding the 'Re-fetch issue data' as an action after the due date has been edited. This will ensure that the updated data is pulled and populated in the comment.

dwike_aprilia February 11, 2022

yes that was i need to do. Can you share how to "re-fetch issue data"?

thank you 

dwike_aprilia February 11, 2022

Hi Gaurav!

I solved the issue by adding the 'Re-fetch issue data' as an action after the due date has been edited just as you mentioned before. Thank you for your help!!!

Like Gaurav likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events