How to hide user profile from Service Desk portal

Alvaro Jardón July 20, 2018

While creating a "Hide system or plugin UI element" fragment, I can hide the Profile link from jira using the "jira.webfragments.user.navigation.bar:view_profile", or the details (including the link to edit profile) from within the profile using the "com.atlassian.jira.jira-user-profile-plugin:custom-user-details".

How can I get this same behaviour on the Service Desk portal? It seems there are different items/panels, but can't find which ones.

Using the fragment locator I get the "item:servicedesk.portal.profile.actions" and "Panel: location:servicedesk.portal.profile.panels" inside the profile, and "Item:servicedesk.portal.user.menu.actions" on the profile menu, but it seems I can't use any of those in a "Hide system or plugin UI element" type of fragment.

The desired behaviour is to hide the ability to edit the user profile in a certain (anonymous) project portal, but keep the links in the other (private) project portal (I know I can do this using css and an Install web resource fragment, but I'd like to use the condition bit and not hide it from all portals)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2018

The desired behaviour is to hide the ability to edit the user profile in a certain (anonymous) project portal, but keep the links in the other (private) project portal (I know I can do this using css and an Install web resource fragment, but I'd like to use the condition bit and not hide it from all portals)

I would hide it with Javascript brute force (although your approach is much better, it does not seem to be working. )

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events