How to find out who changed a status name?

padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2022

Over the weekend, someone changed the "In Progress" status name to "Test In Progress" - you can imagine how confused our users were.

I've been asked to find out who made the change, but I'm not having a lot of luck.  Does Jira capture which user made a change to status names?

1 answer

2 votes
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2022

Hi Padraik.

If you using Jira cloud, you can view the Audit Log under Jira System. You should be able to find what you are looking for by searching. I'm not sure if this is available for Jira Server or not.

padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2022

we're using server currently - I checked the Audit log, but it doesn't seem to capture changes to a status name

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2022

I'm sorry, that's the only place I know to check.

Like padraik likes this
padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2022

Thanks anyway :)  Hopefully someone has the answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events