How to find a failed test executions in Xray with no defect

André_Gorzel March 9, 2016

Hi @all

I' struggling by getting test executions in Xray (JIRA) wich failed and have no defect created/linked

I've tried to find something usefull at the JQL Queries site from xpandit - but nothing what helps me. Also I tried to  combine somthing from the ScriptRunner JQL's with the xray JQL's - no succes.
Maybe I'm to blind, hope somebody can help.

Best regards André

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Conde
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 9, 2016

Hi André,

Are you trying to get Test Execution issues or Test Runs (an execution of a Test)? In version 2.0 of Xray, we will provide features for searching Test Runs. With this new view it will be easy to see all Test Runs that have failed but do not have defects created: http://jira.xpand-addons.com/browse/XRAY-493

Currently, you can use the "TestRunStatus" custom field provided by Xray and to filter for failed Tests (always based in the latest final execution result for a specific version) and then use issue link JQL functions to check if the Test issue contains defect links. Something like:

issuetype = Test and TestRunStatus = FAIL and issue not in hasLinks("creates")

Best Regards,

Bruno Conde.

André_Gorzel March 9, 2016

thanks for your input what exactly helped for me:

issuetype = Test and TestRunStatus = FAIL AND issueFunction not in hasLinks("created by")
Barbara Kozinakova January 6, 2019

Hi, 

I came across this question in my search, and I'm experiencing a similar issue. I found a list of Xray functions used for searching Xray issues in JIRA (one of which TestRunStatus). However, when I try searching, it doesn't recognize the function: 

Capture.JPGI've tried changing the parameters various ways and I'm sure I have permission to view the issues. Note: issuetype = Test finds the tests and I'm able to query everything JIRA related. I'm trying to use 

TestRunStatus in ("FAILED", "TODO", "PASSED")

in my search to make a pie chart in Confluence of the current status in my test plan. 

Any tips will be helpful. 

Thanks, 

Barbara

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events