How to exclude weekend in eazybi

Starahma0014 April 27, 2020

Dear All

kindly advise I was trying to create the report in eazybi and I want to hide the weekend date. Ho to do that?

the below is calculated that I had created

DateDiffWorkdays(
[Time].[Day].DateMember('Jan 1 2020'), [Time].[Day].DateMember('Jan 31 2020'), '67')

after I activated the calculated weekend date was still included in the report.

1 answer

0 votes
Zane eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2020

Hi @Starahma0014

Each date has a property that describes which day of the week it is. You may use this property to remove weekends if Time dimension with Day level members is on report rows. To see this property in the report, define a new calculated measure "Day of the week" in Measures:

[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.get("Week day name")

In the report, filter row by the new measure that does not match Saturday or Sunday (see picture below)

eazyBI filter weekends.jpg

Then you may remove calculated measure "Day of the week", the filter will remain. 

If you would like to exclude weekends from a calculated measure, you might want to use function DateDiffWorkdays() similar to what you have created. But this approach is better suited for use cases, like counting working days between two dates, like resolution time in working days.

More details on calculated measures you can find in the eazyBI documentation:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members/mdx-function-reference/datediffworkdays.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Saurabh June 2, 2022

Hi Zane,

Could you please advise how to exclude holidays apart from the weekend in the DateDfiffWorkdays() function? Like I would like to exclude 05-Jan-2022, 06-Jan-2022 and so on from the calculation.

Thanks,

SP

Zane eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2022

Hi @Saurabh

Function DateDfiffWorkdays() does not include weekends or holidays. There is no way to separate those as both are not counted for.

In import options, you can specify non-working days of a week and list holidays. Both are not included in workday calculations.

eazyBI non-working days.png

Please see the documentation for more details: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira#DatafromJira-Timedimension.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events