How to enable 'test' issue type in a scrum project?

Maja Knychała
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2023

I want to create a new 'test' issue but it is not available (only story, bug, task and epic are available). When I go to settings and select  'issues' there are three issue types available: Epic, Story and Test and they are also available in the default issue test scheme. I don't know why I can't see those types of issues under 'create' an issue button.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The "create" button can only create Epic-level and base-level issue types.  So I think your "Test" type is a sub-task level type.

Sub-tasks have to be created within the context of their parent issue (as they are a fragment of the parent, not an item in their own right). 

Go to an issue you want to add a test to and click "add sub-task" in the tools menu, and you'll be offered a test type.  (Once you have one of them, then there will be a sub-tasks section in your issue view which has a + for creating more, without needing to go into the tools)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events