How to enable 'test' issue type in a scrum project?

Maja Knychała
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2023

I want to create a new 'test' issue but it is not available (only story, bug, task and epic are available). When I go to settings and select  'issues' there are three issue types available: Epic, Story and Test and they are also available in the default issue test scheme. I don't know why I can't see those types of issues under 'create' an issue button.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The "create" button can only create Epic-level and base-level issue types.  So I think your "Test" type is a sub-task level type.

Sub-tasks have to be created within the context of their parent issue (as they are a fragment of the parent, not an item in their own right). 

Go to an issue you want to add a test to and click "add sub-task" in the tools menu, and you'll be offered a test type.  (Once you have one of them, then there will be a sub-tasks section in your issue view which has a + for creating more, without needing to go into the tools)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events