How to enable someone else to edit embedded Draw.io diagram?

Vita Jarolimkova December 9, 2022

Hi! I've inserted a few draw.io diagrams in a Confluence page in a shared space and my colleagues can't edit them. I can't find any permission to change within Confluence or within draw.io to re-share the board or allow access, any idea how to do it please?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Hi @Vita Jarolimkova and welcome to the community,

Are you on prem Jira, or on cloud?

Vita Jarolimkova December 12, 2022

I think we're in cloud. Also to add, it's a shared company-wide workspace, not my personal one. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Does your instance ends with .atlassian.net?

Yes it does

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

@Vita Jarolimkova I've created a new confluence page on my instance with a single diagram on it. With another user from an incognito window, I logged in, and I was able to edit the diagram, simply by clicking on it and then clicking on the pencil icon. I managed to make changes as well and save it.

When I add page restrictions to the page, so that only my initial user (creator) could edit the page, then of course my second user wasn't able to edit the page and then edit the diagram. The pencil was greyed out:

greyed out.png

Wow thanks for checking that! The Confluence page itself doesn't have restrictions since my colleagues can edit the text, they are just saying they cannot edit the diagram - which seems to be weird in that case.

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

What are the steps they are taking in order to edit the diagram? You have to be able to reproduce this in order to find a solution. And we need to check what kind of permission this user has. Is he the only one with the problem, or are there more users with the similar problem?

So everyone seems to have the same problem. This is what they see, so it doesn't;t even open in draw.io for some reason: 
Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 18.22.14.png

Vita Jarolimkova December 13, 2022

Apparently, it started working for them by itself now, thanks a lot for the help! Must have been something stuck on their end then.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events