How to display the status of epics and their sub-tasks in different columns of the same table row?

Martin Röhricht April 22, 2021

In our project we track for each epic certain fields and a handful of sub-tasks per epic. If I perform a search/filter on the issues, I can select the JIRA fields to be displayed in certain columns. However, I cannot manage to display the status of the underlying sub-tasks in columns.

Is this even possible? It seems so natural to me, to have a quick overview via a pre-defined filter.

If not in JIRA, maybe there is a way to accomplish the same in Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2021

Hi @Martin Röhricht 

If you would be interested in a ready made solution, you may want to try out our add-on to manage multiple Epics and their hierarchy on a single page, with excel like editing of important fields.

Agile Tools - Epic Tree and Time in Status 

Key features of the add-on are:

• Epic Sum
  • Configure progress % calculation on either "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Epic Tree directly on Issue Screen
  • Display and manage Epics/Issues of your project
  • Real time edit option for Issue summary, status, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree on the Epic Hierarchy
  • Rolled up percentage completion and at issue level as well
  • JQL support for Epic Hierarchy screen
  • Time in Status report using JQL

Alon with Epic Sum, you also get Link Hierarchy and Multiple Time in Status reports (to track your issues) in this add-on.

Epic Hierarchy Screen_Cloud_Latest.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events