How do you insert a link for an issue into an email notification with Automation for Jira?

John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 12, 2019

I want to send a notification that includes a link back to the originating ticket in the body of an email. I can include the Key of the issue but not the link. How can I do this with Automation for Jira? 

1 answer

38 votes
John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 12, 2019

Hi John,

thanks for your question :)

You will need to use the following smart value:

• {{issue.url}} will print off the Issue key as the url of the current issue.
  • {{triggerIssue.url}} will print off the Trigger Issue Key as a the url.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could use the following, which will show the name and description of the ticket as well as link to it:

<a href="{{issue.url}}">{{issue.key}} - {{issue.summary}}</a>

Cheers!

Mallikarjuna Madineni May 12, 2020

{{issue.url}} some times generating a link which takes you to the ticket in the customer portal. But some times it is generating a link which takes you to the home page of the customer portal. 

I am getting this strange behaviour.

Stephen Letch September 25, 2020

You need the customer link, {{issue.url.customer}}

:)

Like # people like this
Andreas Lärkfeldt January 14, 2021

@Mallikarjuna Madineni The reason you sometimes end up in the portal is because you don't have access to the Service Desk.

The same URL is used for both Service Desk and Customer Portal (or if it is some redirects involved). Anyhow - that is why :)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events