How do I remove the Event Icon?

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2017

It appears that the Event Icon in Team Calendars is required. Is there a way to disable this?

1 answer

0 votes
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

To remove "Event" from the list of calendar item types:

1. click the ellipse ("...") button to the right of the Calendar name
2. click Edit on the drop-down menu
3. click Event Types on the left selection panel
4. click the circle with the minus sign in it at the right end of the Events row to remove that event type
5. click OK at the bottom of the pop-up window

Hope this answers your question. If so, please click the "Accept" check-mark.

--Larry

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2017

Thank you for the response Larry, but I would like to be able to retain the event type and remove the icon that appears next to it (the umbrella next to "Leave", the airplane next to "travel", or the cake next to "Birthday"). 

In most cases the color coding is sufficient for the event and the icon just takes up real estate on the calendar.

Is there a way to create an event type without an icon?

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

Hi Jonny and thank you for clarifying the question.  Unfortunately, I've been unable to find a way to disable the event icon requirement without hacking the application itself.

--Larry

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events