How do I multiply 2 JIRA fields for value AND get deltas if fields change in gadget risk report?

Melody Strauss July 16, 2018

I have Scriptrunner.

I want to do a calculation for a filter (maybe?) to illustrate in a Jira gadget on a dashboard the following:

1. 2 field numerical values multiplied to equal a a total field value ie

("Risk impact" times "Probability" = "Score") - one data result for gadget

2. Then I need to calculate the deltas for when when these fields may have changed.

I am assuming a certain period of time yet defined maybe 120 days, 90 days, 30 days.

Can I do this using Jira Reports and Confluence Create a change log or a filtered query somehow? or do I need a script?

Is this possible? And I just don't know where to begin as a new script writer with little coding experience.

I am not very familiar with Scriptrunner so I am like a 1st grader here.

1 answer

0 votes
David Pinn July 16, 2018

Hi Melody,

It's all a simple matter of programming. Fortunately, we've done the programming for you. The Risk Register add-on lets you define a risk model, mapping impacts and probabilities to risk levels. It also lets you compare inherent risk with residual (after treatment) risk. Available for both Server and Cloud instances of Jira.

Regards,
David Pinn
ProjectBalm (vendor of Risk Register)

Melody Strauss July 17, 2018

I am not sure an add-on is what we are looking for, but I will keep this in mind.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks David! I am evaluating the plugin. 

Sorry David - the issue of our data being stored on your server will not work, but thanks for the recommendation.

David Pinn July 17, 2018

Are you using Jira Cloud or Jira Server?

There are two separate versions of the Risk Register add-on: 

a) Risk Register for Jira Cloud; and 

b) Risk Register for Jira Server.

If you are using Jira Cloud, then any add-on that performs server-side work with Jira issues will have access to your data. That includes ScriptRunner. Our add-on does not store issue-related information (e.g. risk values) on our servers.

If you are using Jira Server, then the Risk Register add-on does not store any data outside of your Jira instance. No external server is involved.

Best regards,
David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events