Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I limit the viewable attributes of an Insight Object in a customer's service request?

We've edited our Service Request forms so that customers can link to an Insight Object through a list. There is a magnifying glass icon next to the list that allows customers to view the attributes of any object of a particular type.

For security reasons, we want to be able to hide certain attributes from the customers but still have them available to the administrators. My first attempt at this was to configure the attribute to hidden in the Object Type definition, but that didn't do anything.

Is this something that can be configured in the Custom fields definition? Is this something that can even be done?

Thanks,
Chris

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

What version your Insight is?

Cloud or Server?

I updated Insight to the latest version today, but I don't see that option in our portal!

got me curious

Hi @Parvaneh Zand,

This is Insight version 8.3.4, Jira version 8.6.1. We're running it on a server. We're new to this. To be honest, I'm not too concerned about this since I think most people will just start typing or use the pulldown menu, which doesn't show the added information. 

Like Parvaneh Zand likes this

Hi @Chris Schulte ,

Change the field configuration,

click on "Edit Insight Configuration",

in User Interaction section, remove your specific attribute in Filter objects with attributes field.

insight.jpg

Thank you @Parvaneh Zand ,

I got that far with the setup. My problem is that there is a tool on the portal that when you click it, you can view all information about any given object.

portal.pngDetails.png

Is there a way to edit what is shown in the expanded view?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

216 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you