How do I limit the viewable attributes of an Insight Object in a customer's service request?

Chris Schulte March 3, 2020

We've edited our Service Request forms so that customers can link to an Insight Object through a list. There is a magnifying glass icon next to the list that allows customers to view the attributes of any object of a particular type.

For security reasons, we want to be able to hide certain attributes from the customers but still have them available to the administrators. My first attempt at this was to configure the attribute to hidden in the Object Type definition, but that didn't do anything.

Is this something that can be configured in the Custom fields definition? Is this something that can even be done?

Thanks,
Chris

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2020

What version your Insight is?

Cloud or Server?

I updated Insight to the latest version today, but I don't see that option in our portal!

got me curious

Chris Schulte March 5, 2020

Hi @Parvaneh Zand,

This is Insight version 8.3.4, Jira version 8.6.1. We're running it on a server. We're new to this. To be honest, I'm not too concerned about this since I think most people will just start typing or use the pulldown menu, which doesn't show the added information. 

Like Parvaneh Zand likes this
0 votes
Chris Schulte March 4, 2020

Thank you @Parvaneh Zand ,

I got that far with the setup. My problem is that there is a tool on the portal that when you click it, you can view all information about any given object.

portal.pngDetails.png

Is there a way to edit what is shown in the expanded view?

0 votes
Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2020

Hi @Chris Schulte ,

Change the field configuration,

click on "Edit Insight Configuration",

in User Interaction section, remove your specific attribute in Filter objects with attributes field.

insight.jpg

Garrett Heaton April 19, 2022

What exactly does the "Hidden" setting do in attributes?

Swami Dridapada November 29, 2023

For the benefit of those who may come across this post much later on...

Hidden setting only hides the object from the visibility of those with Insight Object Users permission defined under 'Roles ' tab in the configure Cog Wheel of Object Type configuration

Pranam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events