How do I keep all Viewtracker modules enabled?

Sabine Van Regenmortel January 16, 2013

Hi,

I installed Viewtracker 2.1.5 on Confluence 4.3.1: downloaded the jar file, uploaded it in the Administration > Plugin section and enabled all 19 modules.

Then created a page and did Insert > Other macro > Viewtracker.

But after a while, the macro shows error and when looking at the plugin section, only 7 of 19 modules are still enabled.

What is wrong?

Thanks in advance,

sabine

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Did you already register the plugin? You first need to register the plugin before you can use it.

Sabine Van Regenmortel January 17, 2013

Hi Remo,

Thank you for your quick reply.
Indeed, I didn't. I tried to configure before but it said "Page not found".
But my modules were still not all enabled (7 of 19). After enabling all of them, the Configure page appeared and I clicked Save.

Then, when displaying the page with the macro, refreshing the page several times shows the Viewtracking perfectly. Also when going into Edit mode and editing plain text and saving, makes it work fiine.
But when choosing Insert > Other macros > Viewtracker (even a new page), I get the error
Error rendering macro 'viewtracker' : Index: 0, Size: 0
in the Other macros dialog. At that point, all modules are all stillenabled.

But inserting the macro displays the error again and disables the 12 modules.

I tried both with the option Enable Space Usage Report ON and OFF.

kind regards,
sabine

Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

The Viewtracker plugin is using a registration mechanism, that disables all plugin modules if the plugin was not registered successfully. Usually there should be a warning message displayed at the top of your Confluence. If you can't see the message, please visit the following url in your browser (replacing "path.to.your.confluence") to register the plugin:

http://path.to.your.confluence/bitvoodoo/viewtracker/register.action

As long as you don't register the plugin, you won't be able to use it.

Hope this helps

Sabine Van Regenmortel January 17, 2013

OK now!
But I must say it wasn't very obvious. The header message was there alright, but it wasn't striking to me because of the presence of the admin message. I didn't find it in the documentation nor by googling on 'register viewtracker'.
I therefore assumed it was a button 'Register' next to Configure, Uninstall and Disable buttons. Since it wasn't there at least I configured.

But in any case, a very useful plugin. I'll now install it on our production server.

Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Great, I'm glad that it's working now!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events