How can we embed links in a multi-line test field into a mail from Automation for JIRA

Rishikesh Karnik June 11, 2021

So I have a multi-line custom text field called "Scope". The information in it goes somewhat like :

<link to an issue> - <Summary of the issue>

<link to second issue> - <Summary of the second issue>

I've managed to add this field to the email triggered on one of the transitions using {{issue.customfieldid}} however the links appear as plain text in the email. Is there a way to present the links as is, in the email?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

Hi Rishikesh,

You can use the syntax to create a link for the issue in Automation:

<a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.summary}}</a>

Rishikesh Karnik June 11, 2021

Hey John

Thanks for the response. Does this work for multi-line text fields? Because the text I mentioned is in a multi-line text field. And the values will be different for each one. I tried using <a href="link to the issue"> issue key</a> in the field itself and it worked, however is there a way to integrate this into the automation script, as some issues can have several such issues mentioned in this field, and it seems too big a task to go and do all this manually for each one.

Thanks

/Rishikesh

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

I have not actually tried that. Best I can tell you is to give it a try.  :-)

Rishikesh Karnik June 14, 2021

Hi John

I tried the suggested solution, but didn't work.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

I would go ahead and open a support ticket with Atlassian to see if they can help with the multi-line text field thing. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please post the resolution back here. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events