How can i view previous transition status automatically in issues?

shravya chinthapatla March 27, 2022

I have multiple review status before moving to In-Progress in workflow. I would like to know if there is any way to make the visibility of review status which issue has gone through excluding history.

Kindly help me if there is any such option in JIRA.

2 answers

2 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2022

Hello @shravya chinthapatla 

If you're ok with third-party add-ons, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud and Issue History for Jira.

Time in Status for Jira Cloud generates Status Count and Transition Count reports. 

A Status Count report shows how many times an issue has been in each status. 

statuscountreport.png

A Transition Count report shows the number of transitions between statuses and the date of transitions.

transitioncount.png

Issue History for Jira helps to monitor all issue changes including the date of status changed. 

IH.png

These add-ons are developed by my SaaSJet team, so I'm here to help you.

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2022

Hello @shravya chinthapatla

You can...

• Create a text field named "Last Review Status"
  • Modify your workflow
    • Modify all transitions that target "In Progress" separately. Add a Post-Function to each of them to set the value of the "Last Review Status" field with the name of the review field that the transition is coming from.
    • Modify all transition that leaves "In Progress" status. Add a Post-Function to clear the value of the "Last Review Status" field.
  • Add "Last Review Status" field to your screens.

Now, when your issue is on "In Progress" status, it will show in a field, the name of the previous review status.

Hope this helps.

EmreT

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events