How can I require that a component is defined for every new issue entered or moved into a project?

Lauren Larsson August 21, 2012

In my on demand install, I have a project which requires component to be entered for every new issue created. I am currently migrating issues into a new project and during the move, the system is asking me which component from the new project to apply to each parent task. However, the child tasks are arriving in the new project without an associated component. Also, we would like for it to be generally required to give any new issue a component. Thank you!

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

Please search the bug resporting site and if the bug does not exist already, please report it. It would help to put the bug report url here, so other people can follow when Atlassian fixes this issue.

0 votes

See screenshot below. Under field config in the project in question, it says that component is required in all issue types, including subtasks.

Think I may have found a bug.

Edit: I have figured it out: There IS a bug when you use "Move" to move an issue that has subtasks, but not when you use "bulk move." I'll be using bulk move from now on, but I think Atlassian should take a look at fixing this.

Thank you for your help!

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

I would check your field configuration schema associated with your subtask issue types. The field configuration schema is the place where the required setting should be located.

0 votes

Maybe not for subtasks, but the subtasks do have component assigned before the move. I would like to require component for subtasks too. Is it possible?

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Are you sure your subtasks has the component field marked as required?

0 votes

Maybe not for subtasks, but the subtasks do have component assigned before the move. I would like to require component for subtasks too. Is it possible?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events