How can I add search option in the default search option bar?

JBWI64 December 29, 2020

In the all task and filter page, there are default search option and next search option available. How can I move some of the next search option in order they become part of the default search option by default?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

Could you explain some more please?  I am not understanding what you are looking at or what you want to change.  Specifically:

"In the all task and filter page, there are default search option and next search option available."

What do you mean by "all task and filter page"?

When looking at one of them, what are you seeing that you describe as "default search option" and "next search option"?  (My best guess on this is that you mean you run a search, get a list of issues, click on to one of them, and then you have previous and next buttons for going up and down the list.  But there's no "default" in there, so I'm confused)

"How can I move some of the next search option in order they become part of the default search option by default?"

I cannot imagine what this might mean, I think we need to understand what you're looking at first.

JBWI64 December 29, 2020

Here is the default task view with the search default criteria

image.png

Form the “More” Criteria menu, I can add for example “Organization” and “Themes” as shown below

image.png

I’d like to bring these kinds of criteria in order that they appear by default. So then, I do not have each time to configure the layout.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

Ah, ok.  You can't do that.

You're looking at the "simple search" which is hard coded to start by offering the users  a handful of completely standard core Jira fields.  Theme and organisation are actually (probably) from apps added to Jira, so a lot of people won't even have them, hence there's no point adding them.

The best I can do is suggest you look at saving some standard filters - when you revisit them, they will have retained the settings you had before and you can then modify them to create new searches with different parameters.

JBWI64 December 31, 2020

Hi Nic,

I addes both "Organisation" and "Theme", then I saved it as a favorite filter as "My TTA filter" (TTA) is my project name). Unfortunatly, when I go back to my project and click on my favorite filter "My TTA filter", my 2 add on filter (Organisation and theme) are not showing up.

Any idea?

Capture d’écran 2020-12-31 121954.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2020

Yes they are, the first two columns in your results are shown.

JBWI64 December 31, 2020

Hi,

this is not about the 2 first columns, this is about the search button available. 

Regards

JB

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2020

Yes, I know, that's what I talked about earlier in my first comment on this thread.

JBWI64 December 31, 2020

ok, so this is hard coded and we can't change it. How can I raise an enhancement request?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2020

Yes, that's what I said earlier.

You can raise requests by creating a new Jira issue for it (navigate through from https://support.atlassian.com/contact - it will route you to the Jira system and the right project).  

I doubt you'll get much traction on it though.  The simple search is intended to be standard and basic, not have random arbitrary fields added to it (especially ones that are from optional apps, so a lot of people don't even have them).  They're certainly not going to just add the two fields you want.  If they're going to enable customisation of the simple search, you'll have to come up with a suggestion that works for everyone and still keeps the simple search simple to use and standardised.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events