Hot to add time spent on creation of an issue

Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2018

My original user story was: "As a user I want to see the timetracking in my issue when I open it to get easy access to it". 

Since I wasn't able to show this without adding any value, we made two rules with Automation for Jira:

1. When assignee is empty, assign issue to reporter (note: issues are always opened by the one who is working on them) 
  2. When Issue created, add time spent (1m). 

This works fine, but the time logged can only be added to a specific person. 

My question is: Can I create a rule so that the time is logged on the current assignee of the ticket? 

2 answers

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

Hi Benjamin,

do you use any other workflow app in your instance to use post functions to achieve what you have in mind? Our own app Jira Workflow Toolbox has a dedicated "Log work" post function available to automatically create work logs for any user you like and I'm sure you can achieve the same with Scriptrunner, JMWE or JSU.

Best, Max

Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2018

Hi Max, 

thank you for the reply. Yes, we have other Add-Ons we can use (well, not yours, sorry ;) ). Automation Add-On just was the easiest to use, since I could have written a guide for users to add this to their projects on their own.

I'll try with CLI or Scriptunner next. I should have posed that question in a differnt way to make it more general to use. 

1 vote
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2018

Hi Benjamin,

This currently is not possible, as your "Rule Actor" value would need to be dynamic. We are looking to support using the initiator (e.g who created the issue) for this value. The issue in our backlog is AUT-97.

Sorry,
Scott.

Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2018

Hi Scott, thanks for the reply. Unforunately I can't log in to codebarrel to vote for that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events