Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Group Task, sub-tasks and bugs to a Story instead Tasks and bugs in Other Issues

Hi Team,

I was searching for the answer on the Grouping Stories with its Task and bugs along with Sub-tasks in the Board, Which I see most answers are only related to Sub-Tasks. why this kind of option isn't provided in Jira, 

Can anyone help me understanding the Jira board management practice for Tasks and Sub-tasks

1 answer

0 votes

Jira Software has a hierarchy of Epic -> Issue (story) -> Sub-task.  Those are the only "grouping" it does in the way you describe.

Appreciate your response, I agree to your explanation on Jira Hierarchy, but as Sub-tasks are also a issues, having Story as A issue for Epic and Tasks with its sub-tasks is not in a good view but when the issue are linked have a group on hierarchy should be a better view, instead they fall under "Other Issues", 
SPTick-1.PNG

I like to see the board, with out sub-task and only tasks and bugs under Story group, 

Is there a way to change the view, Appreciate your help

But that's the point - you can't "group by" something that isn't there.

On your board, your tasks and bugs are not under the stories, so it can't show that.

Bugs are actually linked as related to story not as Sub-task so this grouping as Story doesn't help and view is not as expected, doesn't show as child and parent link for Issue types, only sub-tasks.

So the practice should be Every task should be as a Sub-task of Story, and bugs can be as individual task,  

To do that, rename the issue type "task" to something else so you can reuse the name and create a new issue type called "task" as a sub-task type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

🤺 Atlympic Event: Partnerships

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

59 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you