Google Docs for Confluence: Error settting up SWFTools path on Windows 2008 R2

Dave_Sykes September 2, 2012

We're just trying out the Google Docs for Confluence plugin. I have configured the OAuth section OK, but when I try to enter the path of the SWFTools exe it comes up with

The specified path does not contain a valid executable. Please check your installation.

The path I am entering is

C:\SWFTools\pdf2swf.exe

(I have tried withouth the .exe as per the documentation, which looks wrong for Windows, and various other combinations)

The SWFTools are installed OK in that folder, and running the pdf2swf.exe command from the command line results in the usage information being displayed as expected. Security on the file allows Read and Execute for all users

We are running on Windows 2008 R2 (x64) Standard edition

Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks

Dave

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave_Sykes September 2, 2012

Patrick, David,

Thank you for your suggestions. I've managed to sort it out, the problem was that I'd installed the SWFTools on the wrong server! Put them on the machine running Confluence, and now it accepts the value first time. Sorry to have wasted your time

Regards

Dave

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Yep that would be a problem. :)

Glad you got that sorted, Dave - and thanks very much for reporting back and letting us know. Very cool!

We've have alot of good installs with this in general, but do let us know if you have any feedback at all.

Always interested!

Ellen

info@appfusions.com

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 4, 2012

Dave,

I'll adding the following hints to the next version to help:

-- Cheers, David

2 votes
Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi Dave,

Does the user Confluence is running under have access to execute/run pdf2swf?

Regards

Patrick

1 vote
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2012

Hi Dave,

If you path is correct, try this path instead:

C:/SWFTools/pdf2swf.exe

Failing that, test it out on the command line to check that pdf2swf is installed correctly

e.g. run something like this:

C:\SWFTools\pdf2swf.exe

You should get output similar to this if all is well:

Usage: pdf2swf [-options] file.pdf -o file.swf

...and a pile more text

Let me know how you got on.

Cheers, David

0 votes
davead75 September 2, 2012

~~~ spam ~~~

Suggest an answer

TAGS