Getting error when trying to clone an epic

Prakriti Arora May 12, 2022

Hello,

Why do i get this error when trying to clone an epic? image.png

Please suggest how to resolve this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2022

Hi @Prakriti Arora,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

There are various reasons why a clone might not be successful, so I can only guess. When clones are unsuccessful, most of the time it's because a required field or issue type isn't available, when Jira tries to create the clone.

My recommendation would be to check which issues haven't been cloned and try to create one of them manually. You might find out there's a new required field, which is empty in the original issue.

If all issues have been created successfully, you can check whether a certain field value is missing.

If this happens on a regular basis and you're not able to find out how the issue is caused you could also install our app Deep Clone for Jira. Our app provides more detailed logs about missing required fields. The first month of Deep Clone is for free, so you can test this feature for one month without paying.

Here's an example of an error log of Deep Clone for Jira. In this example, the required "Issue Type" is not available in the target project. CMS1-470 is also missing a value for the custom field "Required Short text custom field". 

deep-clone-jira_missing-required-fields2.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events