Finding a broken Script

Michael Cohen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 1, 2016

Hi Adaptivist,

We are seeing a number of errors being thrown into the logs by failed scripts that cannot use Jelly scripts (which no longer work).  I'd like to clean out these scripts but I can't find them.  Here is the error:

2016-02-01 12:42:56,882 http-bio-127.0.0.1-8080-exec-2205 ERROR gcole 762x1998914x3 1pheaba 10.100.65.239,127.0.0.1 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [scriptrunner.jira.workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction] *************************************************************************************
2016-02-01 12:42:56,884 http-bio-127.0.0.1-8080-exec-2205 ERROR <username> 762x1998914x3 1pheaba <IP address>,127.0.0.1 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [scriptrunner.jira.workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction] Script function failed on issue: <Project Name>-5621, actionId: 1, file: null

java.lang.Exception: Class /opt/jira/jira_jelly_scripts/qa/post_auto_triage.rb could not be found, or could not be compiled

at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptRunnerImpl.ensureScriptCompiled(ScriptRunnerImpl.groovy:592)

at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptRunnerImpl.validateAndRunCannedInternal(ScriptRunnerImpl.groovy:394)

at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptRunnerImpl.runCanned(ScriptRunnerImpl.groovy:371)

at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptRunner$runCanned$2.call(Unknown Source)

at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.jira.workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction.run(ScriptWorkflowFunction.groovy:83)

at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.jira.workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction$run$2.callCurrent(Unknown Source)

at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.jira.workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction.execute(ScriptWorkflowFunction.groovy:59)

Thanks,

Michael

3 answers

0 votes
Michael Cohen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2016

Post Functions on Issue transitions was it.  We found them.  The Project, and the action ID lead us right to them.  Many thanks.

0 votes
Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2016

Michael,

You may have more luck finding where this post-function is configured in your JIRA instance if you upgrade to a more recent version of ScriptRunner. Note: you may have to use a paid version but you can obtain an evaluation license if needed.

With a more recent version you could use the "Script Registry" to help you find where the scripts are being used.

The Script Registry can be found by going to the JIRA Admin console, then choose Add-ons and Built-in Scripts and then you'll find the Script Registry link.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2016

In general: it seems to be some postFunction.

How to find requared WF:

• it seems that issue number = 5621
  • Maybe it is executed on issue creation

It seems that there was a script stored into a file and now JIRA can not find this file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events