Filtering a ConfiForms Smart Classifier

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

I'm trying to setup a field definition rule to filter a ConfiForms smart classifier. The smart classifier pulls its data from a form that has a list of class times. Each class time has an enabled checkbox. I want to limit my smart classifier to only show the entries where the enabled checkbox is checked. By default the smart classifier pulls in all the data from the source form, but I should be able to use a field definition rule to filter that list using the action "Apply filter on a field". This is what my field definition rule looks like. However, the smart classifier is still just showing all the data. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Field name:
blank

Condition:

Execute only on user action:
unchecked

Action to execute:
Apply Filter on a field

Actionable field name:
option (my smart classifier field is named option)

Filter to apply on a field:
option.enabled:yes (the checkbox field on my source form is named enabled)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

Davin,

as you are applying the filter on the form's dataset this "option" field is referenced then you dont need to have 

option.enabled:yes

but, just

enabled:yes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

I will give that a try. I was just looking at this documentation page and the example on that page had in the "Filter to apply on a field" box {fieldname}:{value}. So I figured since the field is named option it would be option.enabled. Does it only work that way on smart classifiers?

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Using+apply+filter+on+field+rule

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

Well, it works for other fields in the source form. But when I tried it on the enabled field(checkbox) it doesn't work. Maybe it's just an issue with the checkbox field type. It seems to filter based on text fields and I even tried filtering the smart classifier based on a smart drop down in the source form (so that would be two forms deep) and it worked. But when I try filtering based on a checkbox it doesn't work. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

Sorry, it shall be

enabled:true

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

Hmm. Just on a hunch I tried enabled:true and it did filter. So, even though it says the default value for checked checkboxes is "yes" and unchecked is "no" ... true and false are the actual values that will filter the smart classifier.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

Yes and no are the labels!

so having something like

enabled.label:yes

should work

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

Got it. Also, any ideas for how to use a calendar view based on a datetime interval in the smart classifier's source data. I tried setting the grouping field to option.date ... but that doesn't seem to work. If the field is just date I can use option.date.timestamp, but as a datetime interval that doesn't work.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2019

Should referencing a date/datetime/datetime interval field in a smart classifier source data work on a calendar? Specifically datetime interval is what I am trying to do here.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2019

It seems like it is not possible at the moment (using a datetime interval field as a grouping field through the smart field). However, I see no reason why we could not make this happen. Let me see

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2019

Ok, cool. Just wasn't sure if I was doing it wrong. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events