Filter Errors for Review

Sean Collins June 26, 2020

I have about a dozen rules supporting my team's interaction between several projects with Automation for Jira - and as long as the team does what they are supposed to do, it all works great. :) But as teams love to do, sometimes they take actions / forget to update things which the rules depend on.

I review the audit logs for the rules, but because of the volume of work going through the system, this can be extremely tedious weeding through hundreds of successful actions to find the errors. Is there a way to either:

a) export the automation for jira log, and filter it in excel?

b) filter the log within jira, so that only errors are shown?

If not, is there somewhere to suggest this? the link on the support page went to a 404.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2020

Hi Sean,

I am not sure about exporting the log, but what you if you clicked on each rule to have it email you anytime the rule fails. That's what I do and it helps me to keep up with what's happening. 

Sean Collins June 30, 2020

Hi John! I do have the e-mails setup - it's not ideal, as we have our base URL set to an externally available address for our clients to access, but that means that internally, I can't go directly from the e-mail links. So right now I set up outlook on the left, Jira on the right, and go e-mail by e-mail. Would definitely be easier to review just within the rule audit log. Not sure if there's a way to submit that for a feature request?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2020

@John McKiernan1  is your man for that!

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2020

Hey @Sean Collins (and thanks as ever for the heads up @John Funk !) 

Yes this is definitely a bit of a painful experience and the moment and one we are aware of. The good news is that a major improvement is in the works. 

You can see the existing feature here: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-68

Hoping to have it shipped later this year and have made a note to update this post once shipped. 

I know this doesn't solve your problem in the short term but will make life much easier soon :)

John 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events