Extract JIRA data to Azure data warehouse

Kriti Aggarwal June 20, 2020

Hi,

We're trying to extract JIRA data for our internal BI reporting.

We use REST API as a way to go, but what I'm looking for is best practice or guidelines on how to deal with:

1. First time sync with big amount of items (we have ~20 Projects with ~10.000 work items). I don't want to push JIRA N+1 times to get all the required data. Please suggest how to fetch this in most efficient way. 

2. Snapshot updates by the schedule (daily, hourly). Suggestions regarding synchronization and fetching only delta/changed items.

Thank you. 

2 answers

0 votes
Yuliia Maidanova -Alpha Serve- July 13, 2020

Hi @Kriti Aggarwal 

If you are looking for the most effective way, then it is better to use the plugin Power BI Connector for Jira 

There is a 30-day free trial, this will be enough to understand how this solution meets your needs.

We are always in touch and will be happy to help you with any questions!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2020

I haven’t played with jira - PowerBI in a couple years but thought I would share this article in case it helps - explore-your-jira-data-with-power-bi 

Kriti Aggarwal June 22, 2020

Thanks Jack. 

We are looking to extract and store data in a SQL/NoSQL database before importing into PowerBI. Do you have any suggestions? 

Kriti 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events