Export data from Rally to Jira

Graeme Ing November 10, 2011

Are there any Atlassian or 3rd-party plugins/scripts for migrating data out of Rally into Jira OnDemand? This must be a very common action?

The only way I have seen is to export to a CSV, then do a mapping to Jira and use its importer. There has to be an easier way :)

I saw a couple of threads in the old forums, but no definitive answer.

Thanks.

8 answers

2 votes
LuziaL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2011

Hi Graeme,

I'm afraid that CSV is the only option right now - as JIRA does not have such feature.

I've created this feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-26235, please vote for the issue to raise its priority.

--Luzia

Graeme Ing November 10, 2011

Voted, thanks.

1 vote
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

Hi Graeme,

Did you manage to migrate to OnDemand from Rally?

There is now a third-party tool available for this, the Enterprise Migration Utility.

Thank you Graeme.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon

0 votes
Corentin Méhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2016

Hello,

I found the following software running between Rally and JIRA. It's a 3rd party software, not developed by Atlassian.

"Configurator" to test the connection and the mapping scheme : https://help.rallydev.com/rally-integration-configurator

Actual connector, using the previously generated XML :Export data from Rally to Jira

Best regards.

0 votes
Monte Montoya November 26, 2014

We get this common request quite a bit and have written a migration kit. Take a look for more info. https://www.cprime.com/services/tools/atlassian/rally-to-jira-migration-kit/ Rally Off!

0 votes
Maksym Shkolnyi November 12, 2014

Any updates? Can I use Rally to JIRA Connector to dump Rally data? 

0 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2014

Can you share the scripts?

0 votes
Juan Manuel Garrido July 26, 2013

Any update?

0 votes
Graeme October 9, 2012

Thanks everyone. We chose to do it with custom scripts in the end, and nimimized the amount of Rally information brought forward into JIRA. Great excuse for a project cleanup :)

I'd close this question if I could see any links to do that. I have no close or Accept Answer links.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events