Exalate - On-Premise Hosting for Jira Cloud + Zendesk

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

I'm hoping to try and get some clarification. 

A colleague of mine was given the impression that if we have to adhere to fedramp, in order to use "Exalate Jira Issue Sync & more" we would need to investigate and use the On-Premise hosting option.

As I started looking at the documentation posted here: https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/Hosting+plans

It appears to state that the On-Premise option is only applicable for: Azure DevOps/ServiceNow/HP ALM/QC

Which would make me think that it would not be possible for use to use this to connect Zendesk and Jira Cloud.

Has anyone setup the On-Premise hosting for use between Jira Cloud & Zendesk that can confirm for me this would be possible and the documentation is just a little misleading, or was my colleague given inaccurate information and the On-Premise option won't actually work for us.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

As Zendesk and Jira Cloud are both cloud native solutions already, we do not often get requests to host Exalate on-prem. But this is absolutely possible! We provide docker images and documentation for you to be able to deploy this on-prem. The Zendesk documentation for the same is a work in progress and will be available publicly soon. 

Please feel free to reach out to our support team in case you need any assistance in this regard. 

Thanks

Majid

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Perfect!  Thank you for confirming @Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events