Error while importing multiple cucumber JSON results to XRAY Test Execution using REST API

syamphaneendra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2018

While importing multiple cucumber JSON results to XRAY using REST API, got the below error.

customfield_16546: Squad is required.

This issue is intermittent.

2 answers

0 votes
rgnair April 20, 2020

hi @syamphaneendra could you please  let me nwo how did you imported multiple json results in a single instance,any details please

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2020

Hi @rgnair 

You can import multiple JSON results using the Rest API of XRAY. I will leave below documentation so that can you see how to do it:

Best Regards,

Team Xray 

Like rgnair likes this
rgnair April 21, 2020

hi @José Domingues [Xray] 

In my project there is 2 feature files and its generating a single cucmber.json file with two arrays of results for each feature file.I want to post this results to two separate existing execution key through a single curl command.initially i posted the cucumber.json with below curl command and then whole results are posting in one execution key(First feature file mapped key in @feature)even though both the execution keys are present in combined cucumber json file.

Used below command for this

POST /rest/raven/1.0/import/execution/cucumber

Next i splitted this cucmber json to 2 seperate json file suppose json1&json2 for each feature file. i zipped this file to a single folder.

Then i tried with zip file of above Json1&json2 with below bundle command.Its not throwing any messages in curl terminal but no updates in execution  key or anywhere

POST /rest/raven/1.0/import/execution/bundle

can you advice me on this?

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 22, 2020

Hi @rgnair 

The /bundle endpoint is used to import multiple results file at once and then you'll have the results in a Test Execution created to hold these results. Please follow the documentation below:
Bundle endpoint

However, we suggest contacting us through our service desk.

Best Regards,

Team Xray 

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
August 21, 2018

Hi Syamphaneendra,

You should check the configuration of the custom field with id 16546.

Probably you have that field as required in the Test Execution issue. If so, you can either make it as optional or use the Cucumber multipart endpoint instead, so that you can provide the value for that field.

Best regards,

Xray Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events