Error to Create a webhook from Jira to Zappier

Renu Joshi April 3, 2023

Hi Team

I am trying to create a webhook on Jira and send the details to Zappier to set automations from there.

Constantly getting the following error.

Two displayed fields in error are request type & assigned designers - They are all correctly filled in service desk.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 5.23.20 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-03 at 5.26.55 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Renu Joshi Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I think your header is incorrect.

Are you able to send Web request to Zapier from Postman or any other API testing tool ? I suggest you to first test API then try to add in Project Automation. 

I think Header should have Authorization or Auth token. 

You can add JIRA data into Custom Data and add {{issue.summary}} instead of trigger issue.

Thanks

Vikrant Yadav

Renu Joshi April 6, 2023

Hi @Vikrant Yadav Thanks a lot for your response! I tried using Custom data and ran this request. 

The issue is I am trying to send this to Zappier using this Webhook; The auditlog on Jira says webhookScreenshot 2023-04-07 at 12.44.40 AM.png is successful however I am not receiving any data on Zappier

Test run returns nothing on Zappier.

Could you please help! I am stuck on this for a while

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 12.25.22 AM.png

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

@Renu Joshi 

I think your header is incorrect.I don't have Zapier plugin to test.  I suggest you to contact Zapier support team once. They will guide you and help you in fixing this issue. 

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us

Thanks

Renu Joshi April 10, 2023

Hi @Vikrant Yadav 

Thanks a lot! I have been able to run this Zap now. Really appreciate quick response to my queries. Super thankful

Just one follow-up Q:

Is it not possible to dynamically link the fields that I have captured from Jira to webhook on the text message that I am planning to send on a slack channel

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 5.11.46 PM.png

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

Hi @Renu Joshi  That's a good new!

As I can see in the screenshot, you are sending custom data in webhook. 

If you want to add reporter name in message text, then try to replace requester with  {{requester_email}}

If you want to add more fields value, then add field value in custom data in project automation. 

Instead of adding message to Slack channel via Zapier, you can directly send message to Slack channel from JIRA Automation. 

Thanks,

Vikrant Yadav

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events