Enabled Plugin in Jira but cannot see it in MS teams

Rob October 7, 2019

We have enabled the app in Jira but I do not see it as option to select in MS teams tab. Also when on the Atlassian site when requesting support...it links to a site that is not available. Please advise

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

Hello Rob,

In order to complete the installation, ensure that the following conditions are met:

• you have Office 365 with Business license or Enterprise Office 365 license;
  • Allow external apps in Microsoft Teams for Office 365 should be set to On.
    IT admin has to enable it in the Admin center going to Settings → Services & add-ins → Microsoft Teams → choose Apps → Allow external apps in Microsoft Teams - On:

image2019-8-21_14-13-38.png

Please mind that after enabling the external apps in Office365, synchronization may take several hours and changes may come into force not straight away. Users need to wait for this to get synched and check availability within several hours by logging out and back in.

As for your second question about the Atlassian site, please let us know more information. What is the link to the Atlassian website that you are referring to? Where do you see the malfunctioning link on the page? What is the link to the site that is not working? We will need those details to try and reproduce the issue on our side.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

SoftServe Support Team

Maarten_Burssens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2019

Hello, JIRA server is available as an add-on within MS teams, and asks for a JIRA ID. Can this be used to connect to JIRA cloud? the "JIRA cloud" app is not available in the list of apps.

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

Hello Maarten,

Please be informed that first of all, you should pay attention to Allow All Apps option (Microsoft Teams admin center - Teams Apps - Permission Policies - Allow All Apps) Please mind that third-party apps should be unable in the org-wide app settings.

Also, for Jira Cloud Integration you will need cloud instance of JIRA, where MS Teams Plugin for Jira should be installed.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

Harald February 5, 2020

Hello, Support Team, 
we have the same Problem. The JIRA Cloud App is not available in the list of apps. Only the server app is visible.

Our setting is open for all APPS as described. (sorry, I have only a screenshot in german language. "Alle Apps zulassen" -> Allow all APPS 

Our admincenter looks a bit different than your screenshot. Do you have a tip for us? What could be the problem? 

Best regards 
Harald 

2020-02-05_18-28-48.png

Like Jonathan Kok likes this
Harald February 26, 2020

The problem was that the App was hidden. That was what our admin told me. 
There must be the possibility to "hide" App's in the admin area of Teams or to put Apps on a "blacklist". 
After the APP was released it worked.

Best regards 
Harald 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events