Empty comments being added after issue transition.

Gregory Applebee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 25, 2018

We have a support email address set up to receive requests.  We've been using the same flows and same rules for a long time but just within the last week, when a request transitions to a different status a comment is being added by the support account and consists of 3 empty lines.  This comment then transitions the request again.  We have to remove the support account from the request participants in order to prevent this from happening.

Has anyone else run into this issue, or can point me in a direction to find a cause.  I've reviewed our customer notification rules and our automation rules and have not been able to identify a cause.

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2018

Hi Gregory,

We haven't seen any reports of this behaviour and I'm hopping this is a config or a change in Jira config issue.

Without seeing the rule, it is hard to know for sure. The best thing to do will be to create a support request with a screenshot of the rule.

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Cheers,

Nick [Automation for Jira]
Co-founder

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events