Email this issue problem with notifications

Stefano Colagiacomo February 2, 2023

Hello we have configured email this issue in jira data center just for outcoming.

We tested connection and everything it's ok but when I try to open, comment or close an issue via mail not notfications arrived to the email customer. I think to set everyhting correctly and the connection it's ok. Someone can help me to understand where is the error and why notifications not working?

Another thing when we open manually we recive correctly the email notification  but not automatically.

1 answer

0 votes
Eszter Kecskés D_ _META-INF_ March 31, 2023

Hey @Stefano Colagiacomo ,

I work at META-INF, the developer of Email This Issue for Jira. I asked our support team, and they recommended you check out your workflows in Jira. Sometimes there is a generic event configured, but notifications are specific events, like "Issue commented" etc. Learn more about events here.

You didn't specify your deployment, but here are the Cloud documentation and the On-Prem documentation regarding this question. 

If you still have a problem, feel free to reach out on our Support Portal.

I hope this helped! :)) 

Martin Ujhazi November 15, 2023

I have very same issue as Stefano, problem is that I can comment issue without issue transition.

It is also in your link

Some events are fired by Jira internally — e.g. an Issue Updated or Issue Moved event. Other events are fired from within workflow transition post functions 

It seems that Email this issue doesnt work on Jira internally fired events.

EIDT:

OK I figured out, reason why it was no working is because of missing context configuration. It is also mentioned in your documentation:

Once your notification template is set up with event notifications, email templates, and recipients, you must map it with a scope. If you miss this one step, your notifications will not be sent. Navigate to OUTGOING EMAILS --> Contexts. Choose the context you'd like to edit and select your notification template under Notifications in the Notification field's drop-down menu.

https://docs.meta-inf.hu/email-this-issue/v/email-this-issue-for-jira-server-data-center/documentation/outgoing-emails/event-notifications

If you forget to configure Context emails will work with postufunction but not with notifications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events