EazyBi Barchart issue (JIRA)

kumar jira July 11, 2018

For example in eazy BI, I have taken Sprints in rows, time in Pages and Measures Story points committed, story points completed  etc, and created a bar chart.

when i filter the data to quarter (Q1), The first and last bars are incorrect where as other in the middle are good, Because the first bar has some data in previous quarter and last bar has some data in next quarter.

Please help me to fix this issue, so that every bar in chart should be correct,

Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2018

Some of the measures depend on the date member selected in your report pages and shows the values only for the selected period not exactly matching the Sprint completion.

If you wish to have the full results for all the closed sprints in the quarter, the solution would be to create an additional measure for filtering the sprints in the quarter and then adjust the measures to give the completed data ignoring the selected period.

First, you can create a new measure for filtering Sprints in the selected period by the sprint completion date ("Sprints in period"):

CASE WHEN
  DateInPeriod(
    [Measures].[Sprint complete date],
    [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
THEN
END

Then you should build on top of your measures used in the report to ignore the selected period with the tuple like this ("Story points added all periods"):

([Measures].[Sprint Story Points added],
 [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)

Please, find here a small example report of how these measures work for this case:

View .png attachment

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events