EazyBI - Report on 'All' transitions

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2023

Hi All,

We have a Jira workflow with some 'All' transitions (meaning you can transition the issue from all statuses to 1 specific status).

I'm checking to see if it is possible to build an EazyBI report to visualise how many times such an 'All' transition is used. 

In Jira, you can see in this in the transition history of the issue. The transition name contains 'All'.

Snip20230612_3.png

But I don't see this 'All' mentioned when I use the 'transition' dimension in my EazyBI report.

Does anyone know if this is possible ?

Best regards,

Kris 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter !

eazyBI groups transition in the Transition dimension in "From => To" format, and you can use these together with any transition measures; see https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/import-issue-change-history#Importissuechangehistory-Measures.

So you could use the Transition dimension to Aggregate(..) from what statuses the issues are transitioning to 'Is klaar voor ontwikkeling' by grouping the transitions (or the other way around; example for calculated member with 'To Do' status)

Aggregate(Filter(
[Transition].[Transition].Members,
[Transition].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES '.*=> To Do'
))

eazyBI_-_Jira_2.jpg

Or you can use the Transition status dimension where you select the Transition and see the count of Transitions to and from status without knowing the exact status issues came from to get into this status.

eazyBI_-_Jira.jpg

Let me know if I missed something and if you have further questions!
Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2023

Hi @Lauma Cīrule ,

Thanks for your quick feedback.

Actually, I was looking at a way to visualise the 'All' transitions. Ex. When a workflow has an 'All' transition to the 'Done' status, and the user transitions form status 'Demo' directly to 'Done', you can see in the issue history in Jira that this was done via the 'All' transition (see screenshot in my opening post).

Snip20230612_5.png

But I can not see this 'All' information in EazyBI.

If this information is not available in EazyBI, maybe i can create a report that excludes all the 'normal' workflow transitions (ex. from DEMO to TESTEN BUSINESS.

Best regards,

Kris

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter ,

I saw your original screenshot, but I thought it was just a visualization, as I cannot reproduce such behavior in my test environment. In the screenshot below - there is no direct transition in my workflow from "In Progress" to "To Do":

Software_Workflow_-_Jira.jpg

But the transition is possible through the "All" transition. Nevertheless, the transition history in Jira does not reflect that the transition happened from "All":

Jira.jpg

Which environment are you in? Is it a company or team-managed project?

But yes, eazyBI is based on the Jira changelog transition names, and I have not seen that such an 'All' transition would be included in Jira. 

Your idea is correct, though; you could group all transitions Except() the standard ones.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

Hi @Lauma Cīrule ,

It's not a visuaIisation. I am in a Company managed project on a Data Center installation.

I will try creating a report excluding the normal transitions.

Thanks for your assistance. 

Best regards

Kris

Like Lauma Cīrule likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events