EazyBI : EazyBI report on Jira Dashboard filtered on currentuser

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2024

Hi,

I've created a report in EazyBI, that allows a user to see his/her own spent hours. For this, I created a "Current User" filter in the report, as described in this article.

https://community.eazybi.com/t/eazybi-current-user-in-dashboard/3914

I now want to include this EazyBI report on a Jira Dashboard, using the EazyBI gadget.

However, when added on the dashboard, the EazyBi report does not produce any results. I presume because there is a mismatch between the Jira User, and the EazyBI user. Is there any way to get this to work ?

Best regards,

Kris

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ilze Mezite March 11, 2024

Hi, @Kris Dewachter 

Thank you for your question.

There are no separate users for eazyBI. You can add access to the eazyBI account for Jira users. 

The user must be added to the eazyBI Account with at least a View / Dashboard View role to see the report in the JIRA dashboard. Please read more here: Account users (eazybi.com)

Hours spent for the current user, there is more than one way to do it; please consider creating a new member in the Logged by dimension, using this formula:

Aggregate(
[Logged by].[User].Members.item(
CurrentUserName()
))

Don't hesitate to ask to our support team: support@eazybi.com

Kindly,

Ilze

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Hi @Ilze Mezite ,

This seems to work. Thank you.

Best regards,

Kris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events