EasyBI graphic with filter is not exporting by PDF on Confluence

Paula Amaral February 19, 2019

Good morning,

I created a Graphic template using EasyBI graphic with filter (just to change the month for the report, as an example).

When I try to export it to PDF all the other static reports under the template was correctly exported, but, I noticed that the one that contain filters is not exported.

Does someone is experiencing the same issue?

Thanks, 

3 answers

0 votes
Clare Chawke November 25, 2022

Hello

Has there been any changes in this area? In 2019 the last response was that it was not possible in Confluence to "export to pdf" EazyBi gadgets that are dynanically generated within the Confluence page using the "EazyBI for Jira report" add-on.

I have a real need for this feature as we are looking to run status operations calls from confluence with live eazybi reports but we also need to export the status so we have a snapshot and point in time view of the status.

When I export now I get "HTTP Error 500 when exporting eazyBI macro data" on the gadgets

Thanks

Clare

Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2022

Hi @Clare Chawke 

You would need a separate app, "eazyBI for Confluence" to export eazyBI reports from Confluence pages to pdf.
Jira external gadgets on Confluence Page on won't offer this feature.

See how to insert reports on confluence pages

https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/publish-reports/publish-in-confluence-pages

Martins / eazyBI support

Clare Chawke November 28, 2022

Thanks @Sir Mārtiņš Vanags 

I already have 4 eazybi apps available in Confluence, namely:

- eazybi for Confluence dashboard

- eazybi for Confluence report

- eazybi for Jira dashboard

- eazybi for Jira report

I am currently using the "eazybi for Jira report" app for publishing eazybi jira reports on confluence. When I select this app, I am linked to my EazyBi account and can select the jira report I was to display in confluence

eazybi-jira-reports-select.png

This works great and I can see my eazybi report in confluence. My only problem is that I can't export this to PDF.

I'm unclear how using the "eazybi for Confluence report" app  will resolve this issue and allow me to export to PDF (or save the current version of the page with the eazybi report results).
I followed the instructions here: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/publish-reports/publish-in-confluence-pages, and if I select the "eazybi for Confluence report" app I only see "sample" confluence reports and I don't have access to my jira reports.

eazybi-confluence-screen.png

Is there a setup step I'm missing or should this work.

I am not using jira gadgets, only the "eazybi for Confluence report" which should allow "Published reports and dashboards are included in page export to PDF and Word document as well." (from documentation)

Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

@Clare Chawke 

If you have these 4 macros (you listed earlier) already in Confluence pages, it means you already have the right eazyBI for Confluence app installed, which is required to export the confluence page with eazyBI charts to PDF files.

You don't need to select "eazyBI for Confluence report" macro if the report is created with eazyBI for Jira app.

Please reach out to support@eazybi.com and provide log files from Confluence (after PDF export failed).

Martins / eazyBI

Clare Chawke November 30, 2022

Thanks @Sir Mārtiņš Vanags . I'll contact support with the logs. thanks

0 votes
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2020

Hi,

now there is an option to export Confluence page to PDF with all included eazyBI reports in it.
This option is available if you use eazyBI for Confluence app: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219504/eazybi-reports-and-charts-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview (see also Pricing page).
Additionally to the export to PDF options, this app allows you to analyze views and edits of your Confluence pages. Read more about it: https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBICONFLUENCE/eazyBI+for+Confluence

Note that export to PDF option is not available if Jira gadgets are used for adding eazyBI reports in Confluence page, as the default Atlassian solution for publishing gadgets does not provide the option to export reports in PDF and we do not have any power over its improvements.

Please see a list of all changes:
JIRA- https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/set-up-and-administer/changelog.
CONFLUENCE- https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybiconfluence/set-up-and-administer/changelog
PRIVATE- https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybiprivate/set-up-and-administer/changelog

Ilze / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2019

Hi, 

In eazyBI, you can export to PDF (or other data formats) only saved reports. Hence, you would export a report with the saved Page filter parameters, not the ones you have just dynamically changed.

If you need some further assistance, feel free to contact support@eazybi.com !

Ilze, support@eazybi.com

Paula Amaral February 28, 2019

Ilze, good afternoon,

Thanks for your response.

The problem in fact is not exporting using eazyBI, but, I used eazyBI graphics, with filter, inside a Confluence report created.

This is where the issue stands, when I export the Confluence report to PDF, the dynamic graphics inside were not shown in this PDF.

Am I clear?

Thanks a lot!

Chris Lynch June 12, 2019

I have the same issue. I love the Charts and Gauges in eazyBI and I've built up many reports that I'm including into a Confluence document using the EazyBI Macro "Insert eazyBI report" as it allows me to add context around the chart for customers. It looks great in Confluence, but when I then export my Confluence report to PDF to present to the customer all the EazyBI reports are missing?

Chris

Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2019

Hi,

eazyBI report result is created dynamically in the browser. To create the eazyBI report it is necessary to render the result in a browser so for export eazyBI plugin uses the headless Google Chrome browser to capture report content and draw PDF. 
Confluence is generating PDF content in a different way and is not using dynamic page rendering to capture it in PDF. As various plugins can have various content, Confluence does not promise the export of results.

The PDFs that are generated from eazyBI pages are not linked to Confluence PDF generation and there is no way how the gadget can tell to Confluence PDF creator what content from gadget side it should put in the space. 

Martins / eazyBI support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events