Does Xray API keys have a expired time?

Joham Enrique Romucho Velasco May 26, 2023

I was looking if the xray API keys (clientId and clientSecret) have a expired time. I looked into the documentation, but I only found about Jira API token has no expiricy time, is it the same as Xray API keys?

Documentation: Global Settings: API Keys - Xray Cloud Documentation - Xray (getxray.app)

1 answer

0 votes
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2023

When referring to the API tokens you generate at https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens , there is no expiration date on those unless you manually revoke the ones you don't want to use anymore or mark the account that owns the token inactive. So if your users are constantly revoking tokens, it might be a good idea to enforce a methodology of using a good naming convention on the labels. 

When you're using the Admin API Keys, these items have a 7 day default and 1 year max lifetime, fo familiarizing uses with the expected lifecycle of the token should be adopted into practice.

Joham Enrique Romucho Velasco May 27, 2023

Thanks for the answer. Yes, as you mentioned, API tokens from Jira can be manually revoked. I thought if the same logic applies to API tokens from Xray, which is a Jira plugin used to manage test cases.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events