Custom field does not appear anymore

Matti Blenck
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 28, 2017

Don't know why but since some days I miss some custom fields on all screens.

Regardless which screen where these fields should appear, the "Configure Fields" dialogue means:

2017-11-28 16_04_21-Create Issue - JIRA.png

But the "Where is my field?" dialogue means it should be available:

2017-11-28 16_05_19-Where is my field_ - JIRA.png

I also checked 

• screen schemes
  • issue type screen schemes
  • custom field configs
  • field configs
  • field config schemes
  • re-index (background)

2017-11-28 16_08_44-View Field Configuration - JIRA.png2017-11-28 16_07_08-Configure Screen - JIRA.png

In issues where the field has a value, it appears in the issue view, but when I open the create/edit screen, it is not available. I know it was there before but I have no clue what has changed in the background of JIRA.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Big thanks in advance. 

Kind regards
Matti

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andreas Fritz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 28, 2017

Is it a read only text field? If so it will not appear on the create and edit screens and you can only programmatically set its value.

Matti Blenck
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 28, 2017

Yes it is read only. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-29 08_52_47-Custom fields - JIRA.png

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

Did you check that the field is configured on the edit and create screens for your issue type and project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events